Thread poster: Pavle Perencevic

Pavle Perencevic  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:54
Member (2002)
Serbian to English
+ ...
Feb 12, 2010

I haven't been able to find any info on this in Proz's Trados forum database.

Since I started using MS Word 2007, I've noticed that Trados 2007 has been skipping segments - sometimes only one, but sometimes a couple or more at a time. Needless to say, I find this quite annoying. When it happens, I have to close the unintended segment and put the cursor inside the first skipped segment to be able to open it.

I haven't detected any pattern to this such as poorly formatted source documents. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and, if so, if they know what causes it.

I'm pretty sure I didn't have this problem with MS Word 2003.

Any help much appreciated!

Miro Pollak  Identity Verified
Slovakia
Local time: 08:54
English to Slovak
+ ...
Content of the strings. Feb 12, 2010

Hi Pavle,

what is the content of those skipped strings? Just regular sentences? Can you post a sample?

Miro

Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 08:54
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
I've had a similar problem Feb 12, 2010

Mine occurs in Word 2003, in tagged files, and the skipped segments are usually isolated (i.e. between some External tags) and contain one word (typically they are table entries). The details may not be very accurate here, but that is the general pattern. I tend to use Tag Editor for tagged files more now, and the problem doesn't appear there.

Antonia Toth  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:54
Member (2007)
English to Romanian
+ ...
many segments Sep 21, 2010

I'm encountering the same problem with the skipping segments, but in a considerable amount so I can translate only a little part of the document. I didn't modify anything in my computer and I translated a similar file from the same client two days ago without any difficulties.
Can someone suggest me what can I do? Unfortunately the PM wouldn't respond at this evening time.
Thank you in advance!

Antonia Toth  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:54
Member (2007)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Tageditor Sep 21, 2010

I forgot to mention that I'm using Tageditor.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 skips segments

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search