Paolo Troiani  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 18:39
Member (2010)
English to Italian
+ ...
Feb 12, 2010

Hi there,

I performed a research about SDL Phrasefinder (also) and I extracted bilingual terminology from a bilingual parallel corpus (nearly 1 mln words).
Unfortunately I have to admit results are not very brilliant, therefore I am considering the issue of knowing more about the linguistic algorithm underlying the software.

Is there any way to access to the algorithm within the software itself?
Is there any way to modify the algorithm, for scienti
... See more
Hi there,

I performed a research about SDL Phrasefinder (also) and I extracted bilingual terminology from a bilingual parallel corpus (nearly 1 mln words).
Unfortunately I have to admit results are not very brilliant, therefore I am considering the issue of knowing more about the linguistic algorithm underlying the software.

Is there any way to access to the algorithm within the software itself?
Is there any way to modify the algorithm, for scientific purposes only, and test the outcomes after this new modification?

I know questions could sound a bit cheeky, but I am posting this new topic after :
1) searching "my support" section on talisma (SDL knowledgebase) and getting no result
2) having asked SDL support and getting no answer

Any help-suggestion-idea is welcome and appreciated!

Cheers
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLPhraseFinder effectiveness and algorithm

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »