Anaviva  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:07
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 12, 2010

Hi

Having spent days looking for a suitable laptop, I proudly came home with my new Toshiba Satellite L505 124 today. I installed the operating system (Windows 7) no problem and then tried to install SDL Trados Studio SP1 (Freelance). To my horror, I was presented with the infamous blue screen. The message reads PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. I've tried rebooting in very single mode possible but to no avail. Technical advice on the web suggests that this is caused by the installation of new software which is incompatible and that I should uninstall the software. My problem - I don't even know how to uninstall the software as I can't enter windows. I've tried pressing F8 after switching on the computer but the software down't appear either.

Please can anybody help? I have a major translation to do over the weekend and am now computerless!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Anita

Direct link Reply with quote

Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Unplug all USB devices Feb 12, 2010

Hi Anita,

Try to unplug as many USB devices and other stuff as you can and remove all CDs, DVDs and cards from your PC and try to boot again.

Good luck,
Gerard

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Hardware problem? Feb 12, 2010

I may be wrong but you may have a hardware problem with your computer. This message was one of the messages shown on the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) by Windows XP in a faulty computer I once had.

Regards,

Piotr

Anaviva  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 14, 2010

Thanks to both of you. I'm not sure what went wrong but when I took the machine back to where I'd bought it the day before, they took one look at the BSOD and gave me a new machine. I guess that speaks for itself!

Ana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA after trying to install Studio 2009 Freelance

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search