Vitals  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 20:48
Member (2008)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Feb 12, 2010

Dear all,

I have recently started working with TagEditor...

The client offers to send an assignment as:
1) a ttx file
2) with accompanying ini settings file
3) and will want an XML in delivery

Could you possible explain to me how that can be done?

1) I get a ttx file and work on translation in it? Is that right?
2) What are "accompanying ini settings" and how should I work with them or install them?
3) How do I come up with XML as the final format?

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Vitaly

Direct link Reply with quote

Kobe Vander Beken  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 13:48
English to Dutch
+ ...
simple Feb 12, 2010

Hi Vitals,

It's quite simple actually:

- The client gives you an html.ttx file. (you can open this file in TagEditor and work on it with your Translator's Workbench)
- You use the provided ini file, which is a file that defines all the tags in your html.ttx document. It is possible that TagEditor prompts you to select this file when opening your html.ttx file, if not, go to Tools > Tag Settings and select the provided ini file.
- When you're ready with your translation you can clean (or save target as) you file and you will get a clean (translated) html file.

Hope it's clear.

Kobe

PCovs
Denmark
Local time: 19:48
Member (2003)
English to Danish
+ ...
No problem, I think Feb 12, 2010

Open Tag Editor -> Open the ttx file -> [you will be prompted to chose an ini file] -> browse to the ini file from your client -> confirm -> start translating -> [when finished translating] -> "Save target as" -> choose xxx.xml if possible.

Be careful though - I am not 100% sure that you can actually save the target as an xml file without actually having the original xml file yourself. This is true when translating ppt files, so perhaps also here. In this case the client should send the original xml file as well.

Vitals  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 20:48
Member (2008)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Gratitude Feb 14, 2010

Thank you, Kobe and PCovs,

Your comments helped a lot and generated some more threads on TagEditor for me, which also came out very helpful.

In my next thread I found out that I do not need the original XML file to create XML from TTX. You need one only while dealing with Office and InDesign files.

Have a blessed coming week!

Best regards,
Vitaly

Re:Help with TagEditor needed Feb 15, 2010

Thanks.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with TagEditor needed

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search