Vitals  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 10:10
Member (2008)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Feb 14, 2010

Dear all,

I have recently posted a similar topic in the forums, and would just like to finalize this question of formats. (I appreciate all the helpful answers given to my previous thread by Kobe Vander Beken and Pcovs .)

If the client sends me ttx + ini files, would I be able to send him an XML in return as a result? Or should I have an original XML, and ONLY then I can make an XML from TTX?

Your help will be appreciated, as this is very important to me. (I need the answer until the end of the day, here in Europe).

My best regards,
Vitaly

Direct link Reply with quote

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 09:10
English to Polish
No need for original XML file... Feb 14, 2010

You don't need the original XML file to create the translated one from TTX (and of course you need appropriate INI file to open TTX).

Source file is needed when you deal with Office files and InDesign files (they are not fully "wrapped" in TTX file, Trados conversion only extracts the content).

Lithuania
Member (2008)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks...And how is it done? Feb 14, 2010

Dziękuję, dear Wojciech.

Will I be able to take the TTX and do "Save as ...XML" when I am done with translation? Or is it done some other way?

Appreciate your help.

Best regards,
Vitaly

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 09:10
English to Polish
Save target as will do the trick Feb 14, 2010

Save target as (Shift + F12) will do the trick.

Lithuania
Member (2008)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Feb 14, 2010

Thanks, Wojciech.

Z powažaniem,
Vitaly

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor: ttx + ini = XML ???

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search