Kontext Matches - Trados Studio 2009
Thread poster: twoofus (X)
twoofus (X)
twoofus (X)
Local time: 09:02
German to Norwegian
+ ...
Feb 14, 2010

Hello, does anybody know, exactly what is meant by "Kontext matches"? Thanks! Best regards, Twoofus

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:02
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Quote from Studio help Feb 14, 2010

A context match is better than a 100% match. To be a context match, the translation memory segment must be a 100% match for the document segment and the two segments must have the same document context. For the document segment and the translation memory segment to have the same context, they must both have been preceded by the same segment.

Context matching is possible because context information is stored in the translation memory. When you add a new translation to a translation memory, three segments are added:

• The source document segment.
  • The segment translation.
  • The segment preceding the source document segment. If there is no preceding segment, other context information is uploaded, such as information that the segment was the document header, for example.

Context segments cannot be seen when you view the contents of the translation memory.

Took less 30 seconds to find that and some 2 minutes to post.

Please do not take it personaly:
Whoever asks a question, please feel free to do so. But please also bear in mind, that you might find the solution yourself and thus spare the time of others. The big surplus in that case would be the learn effect you have.
This is not the first time I try to make all of you aware, that this is not OK (at least in my opinion) to go the way of the smallest resistance, what means to ask first, letting the others do your job for you.
I do not intent to offend anyone, but I just feel more and more overused here. And I am not the only one, I know for sure. If we wanna keep this system alive, please try to put some work yourself before asking questions.
Otherwise you will remain with all those questions alone someday...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Kontext Matches - Trados Studio 2009

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »