Displaying descriptive fields (comments) in SDL Trandos Translator's Workbench 7.5 or higher
Thread poster: Gábor Zsoldos

Gábor Zsoldos  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 22:50
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Feb 15, 2010

Hello!

Does anyone know, how to display descriptive fields in Translators Workbench's Term Recognition panel?
I converted & imported an Excel file into Multiterm with 3 columns: Source Lang, Target Lang, Comment. In Multiterm Convert I set the Comment column to be a descriptive field of Text type, and Workbench displays only source & target terms - but not the comment.
I tried several Entry structures during converting & importing, but none worked.
Can anyone help me how to make WB display comments as well next to the target term?

ps. I know I could write the comment in Excel into the same cell as the term itself, but then I would have to delete it every time when I get the term into Tageditor/Word.
And I could also write the comment into the source term's cell, but then it couldn't be recognized during translation.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Displaying descriptive fields (comments) in SDL Trandos Translator's Workbench 7.5 or higher

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search