Thread poster: Nadescha Vester
Nadescha Vester
Nadescha Vester  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 17:18
German to English
Feb 15, 2010

Hi there,

I purchased Trados a little while ago and have been using SDL Trados 2007 to do my work. The last few times, whenever I try to clean up at the end, after adding the file to clean up, a Microsoft Word error message pops us, telling me that Word has a problem and needs to shut down, preventing me from being able to clean up. (I use Microsoft Word 2007.)
Can anybody help me with this problem?

Thanks!

Nadescha

Elías Sauza
Elías Sauza  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 09:18
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
A number of causes Feb 15, 2010

One cause that occurs to me, and that sometimes happens, is that the track changes function is activated and prevents the file from being cleaned.

HTH

Elías

Nadescha Vester
Nadescha Vester  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 17:18
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Track changes is not the problem... Feb 15, 2010

Hi Elias,

Thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately the track changes function is not the problem...

Cheers,
Nadescha

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word closes when I try to do clean up in Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »