Problem with tags in a HTML file translated in Trados 2009
Thread poster: Francoise Perigaut
Francoise Perigaut
Germany
Local time: 22:41
German to French
+ ...
Feb 16, 2010

I used Trados 2009 to translate a html file.
The client is (rightfully) complaining that the tags have been changed, "", etc.
I didn't edit the file at all, really just imported it into Studio, translated it and generated a translated document which I sent to the client.
Do I need to change the options in Trados or anything?
Thanks in advance for any help.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 22:41
English to Polish
Characters converted to entities? Feb 16, 2010

Do you mean the regular characters were converted to entities?

Direct link Reply with quote
 
Francoise Perigaut
Germany
Local time: 22:41
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry Feb 16, 2010

Oh sorry, it looked normal when I typed it, I hadn't seen it would be displayed like that!
Again with spaces so you understand what I mean:
"" is now "& g t ;"

It looks normal when I open the file in my browser, that's why I delivered the file like that. But when I open it in Editor, I can see indeed that the tags look different and this is a problem for the client.

[Edited at 2010-02-16 14:30 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 22:41
English to Polish
W3C recommendation Feb 16, 2010

http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/charset.html

Authors wishing to put the "" (ASCII decimal 62) in text instead of ">" to avoid problems with older user agents that incorrectly perceive this as the end of a tag (tag close delimiter) when it appears in quoted attribute values.

[Edited at 2010-02-16 15:21 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Francoise Perigaut
Germany
Local time: 22:41
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Feb 16, 2010

The problem has been solved in the meantime, thanks.
The tags are no HTML, that's why Studio converts them when generating the translated file. So it is actually a problem with the source file, not with Studio.

Anyway, since my client wants to get files with the same tags, it is possible to change it in Options / HTML / Entity conversion and to untick "Convert entities" which is ticked by default.

[Edited at 2010-02-16 20:50 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with tags in a HTML file translated in Trados 2009

Advanced search







Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search