Opening .indd files in Trados 2009
Thread poster: Cristina Godoy
Cristina Godoy
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 16, 2010

Hi all,

I'm having problems with opening .indd files in Trados 2009. Does any of you know if only .inx files can be opened in Trados 2009?
Also, when I try to open the file in Indesign itself (CS3 version) I can't open it because the file or my system don't have certain plugins installed.
In any case, if the solution is converting this indd into inx so trados may open it, which steps should I follow? And do I need to open this file in Indesign first? (which as I say, I can't, because of these plugins).

Thanks for your help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 03:51
English to Czech
+ ...
INDD > INX Feb 16, 2010

Hello Cristina,
I believe the easiest way would be to ask your client to convert that file for you and provide you with the INX export.

Cristina Godoy
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
INDD > INX Feb 17, 2010

Thanks Stanislav, it seems I found an alternative way for the time being.

Cheers

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opening .indd files in Trados 2009

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search