Opening .indd files in Trados 2009
Thread poster: Cristina Godoy

Cristina Godoy
Local time: 23:47
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 16, 2010

Hi all,

I'm having problems with opening .indd files in Trados 2009. Does any of you know if only .inx files can be opened in Trados 2009?
Also, when I try to open the file in Indesign itself (CS3 version) I can't open it because the file or my system don't have certain plugins installed.
In any case, if the solution is converting this indd into inx so trados may open it, which steps should I follow? And do I need to open this file in Indesign first? (which as I say, I can't, because of these plugins).

Thanks for your help.

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
INDD > INX Feb 16, 2010

Hello Cristina,
I believe the easiest way would be to ask your client to convert that file for you and provide you with the INX export.

Cristina Godoy
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
INDD > INX Feb 17, 2010

Thanks Stanislav, it seems I found an alternative way for the time being.

Cheers

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opening .indd files in Trados 2009

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search