Keyboard doesn't write what I write in TagEditor
Thread poster: Ángel Guillén

Ángel Guillén  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:52
English to Spanish
Feb 17, 2010

Hi,

I am having problems with TagEditor and my Keyboard. When I try to use some keys (from my keyboard) the computers show something different. For example, I try to use an accent in Spanish and I get this '.
And this only happens with TagEditor (not with Word)

Any idea how can I solve this?

Thanks

Angel

Direct link Reply with quote

Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
Keyboard switches to English Feb 17, 2010

In TE go to Tools - Options - Edit and check or uncheck the box under Keyboard (i.e. change the current setting and see what happens).

It seems that whatever the reason, your keyboard switches to English. Since the Spanish alphabet includes all the letters that English does, you might just as well remove the English language from your computer's system settings.

Good luck.

ahmadwadan.com  Identity Verified
Kuwait
Local time: 14:52
English to Arabic
+ ...
That is accent Feb 17, 2010

I see that you already got what you want ('). Or you mean tilde (~) not accent (')?

[Edited at 2010-02-17 10:12 GMT]

Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Feb 17, 2010

Hi,

I managed to solve the problem. It seems that I changed the language settings on the botton tool bar (it said EN and now it says ES). I don't know why it happened in TagEditor and not in Word. anyway, it works now.

Thanks you both

ANgel

Marialba Baez  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:52
English to Spanish
I changed to ES as well but can't add accent on vowels...any tips? Sep 1, 2010

Hola,
I changed my language setting to ES and keyboard to Spanish LA, I tried typing Ctrl+'+vowel to add an accented vowel in my Spanish target segment, but it gives me a bracket instead. How do I add an accent to a Spanish vowel in TagEditor? I am translating a PPT. And it is TagEditor 2007. If you know the key combination or settings, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Marialba

Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
language Sep 1, 2010

Marialba Baez wrote:

Hola,
I changed my language setting to ES and keyboard to Spanish LA, I tried typing Ctrl+'+vowel to add an accented vowel in my Spanish target segment, but it gives me a bracket instead. How do I add an accent to a Spanish vowel in TagEditor? I am translating a PPT. And it is TagEditor 2007. If you know the key combination or settings, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Marialba

Hi

I have just snet you an private message giving a solution in Spanish!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Keyboard doesn't write what I write in TagEditor

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search