Thread poster: Stanislaw Czech, MCIL

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:41
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
Feb 18, 2010

I've been trying for a while to change the Layout in Studio 2009 (allegedly it is very flexible).

I would like to have the preview window reaching through the entire height of the screen from the toolbars to the status bar. Unfortunately so far the only solution I found was to move it to the desktop and have it displayed next to the window of Studio 2009. Is there a better option?

Cheers
Stanislaw

Edited to add:

So what is in way of displaying the Preview window the way I want is the term recognition at the top (I would need to move it to the left) and Termbase Viewer at the bottom - it would have to be more narrow.

[Edited at 2010-02-18 13:48 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

ghislandi  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:41
English to Italian
Moving windows Feb 18, 2010

Hello,

I am from SDL.

You should be able to position freely in the screen.

If you click on the Preview Window and in the top right hand corner click on small down arrow (triangle) and select floating.
If you have on AutoHide - first you need to untick AutoHide - and then select Floating.

At this point you can position the windo.
If you click with the mouse on the top bar of the preview - and hold it - you should move the preview window to the very far right side of the screen.
You will notice that there is a little square in the middle of the right hand side of the screen ... You need to move the mouse on the little square - and as soon as the mouse arrow is on it it will allow you to lock the preview at full height.

Note that if you go with the arrow on some of the 'cross' shaped indicator that appear it will lock for example only at the height of the editor or at the very top ...

Regards
Massi

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Changing the layout

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search