Trados Studio 2009 printable user guide - does it exist?
Thread poster: Dr. Andrew Frankland
Dr. Andrew Frankland
Dr. Andrew Frankland  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:47
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Feb 18, 2010

Dear All,

I've recently purchased Trados Studio 2009 but haven't yet found the time to sit down and play with it, so I was wondering whether there is a user manual anywhere that I can print off and read through before getting started. I've had a look around the Trados web site but haven't been able to find anything and there doesn't appear to be anything in the program's help files either. I know there are free webinars and demos and such like, but I would rather read through a hard
... See more
Dear All,

I've recently purchased Trados Studio 2009 but haven't yet found the time to sit down and play with it, so I was wondering whether there is a user manual anywhere that I can print off and read through before getting started. I've had a look around the Trados web site but haven't been able to find anything and there doesn't appear to be anything in the program's help files either. I know there are free webinars and demos and such like, but I would rather read through a hard copy, at least at first. I'd therefore appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction by either posting a link, assuming a user manual actually exists, or sending me a copy.

Thanks in advance,

Andy
Collapse

Per Magnus
Per Magnus  Identity Verified
English to Norwegian
Trados 2009 pdf-guide Feb 18, 2010

Hello Andrew,

Take a look at

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/157238-is_there_any_pdf_user_guide_to_sdl_trados_2009.html#1319948
... See more
Hello Andrew,

Take a look at

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/157238-is_there_any_pdf_user_guide_to_sdl_trados_2009.html#1319948

and

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/139660-is_there_a_manual_for_trados_studio_2009.html

The manuals are missing. That way Trados force people to buy their expensive training courses.
Collapse

Dr. Andrew Frankland
Dr. Andrew Frankland  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Per Feb 18, 2010

Looks like I'm going to have to park the kids in front of the TV this afternoon then and find some time to start ploughing through the online help etc.

Andy

Per Magnus
Per Magnus  Identity Verified
English to Norwegian
pdf manuals Feb 18, 2010

Dr. Andrew Frankland wrote:
Looks like I'm going to have to park the kids in front of the TV this afternoon then and find some time to start ploughing through the online help etc.
Andy

That is a horrible job. If can you lay your hands on:

SDL Trados Studio 2009 for Translators - Getting Started.pdf
SDL Trados Studio 2009 for Translators - Intermediate.pdf
SDL Trados Studio 2009 for Translators - Advanced.pdf
SDL MultiTerm 2009 for Translators.pdf

Your Trados-World will be a much better place.

Regards,
Per M.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2009 printable user guide - does it exist?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »