https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/158312-there_are_two_activation_codes_for_trados.html

There are two activation codes for Trados
Thread poster: Isabel Conde
Isabel Conde
Isabel Conde  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 23:33
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 18, 2010

I am downloading Trados for the second time because a problem with languages.

However, I have now a question about Activation Codes. I had activated first with the one SDL provided through the email. It worked fine but it was slow at the start up.

Later on, I realized that there were two Activation Codes at the bottom of my invoice information, one for Studio and the other for Trados 2007 (which is the one that SDL provided).

What do you think, should I try
... See more
I am downloading Trados for the second time because a problem with languages.

However, I have now a question about Activation Codes. I had activated first with the one SDL provided through the email. It worked fine but it was slow at the start up.

Later on, I realized that there were two Activation Codes at the bottom of my invoice information, one for Studio and the other for Trados 2007 (which is the one that SDL provided).

What do you think, should I try to enter both this time?

Thank you for your help,

Argee
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:33
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
2 licences, one for studio, one for suite 2007 Feb 18, 2010

Hi Argee,
Did you return your "studio" licence before you uninstalled Studio?
In that case when you have reinstalled, that will be the licence that you are reactivating.

You can consult your licences on the SDL site, under my account>my licences. If you returned your Studio licence, it will be marked as "available".

You have 2 applications: Studio 2009, and Trados Suite 2007. That's why you have 2 licences. They are not interchangeable.

Isabel Conde
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Emma. Feb 18, 2010

Yes, I returned it. Thank you. It worked lovely.

Once I returned that Licence I didn't find anything else to remove in other places like Synergy or Workbench. I made sure of it and then I removed everything and installed it again. I still didn't run the programs because I want to make sure that I am not going to make a mistake again.

I always try to contact SDL but it seems that they know very well how to hide. That's why I am asking here.

So, in other word
... See more
Yes, I returned it. Thank you. It worked lovely.

Once I returned that Licence I didn't find anything else to remove in other places like Synergy or Workbench. I made sure of it and then I removed everything and installed it again. I still didn't run the programs because I want to make sure that I am not going to make a mistake again.

I always try to contact SDL but it seems that they know very well how to hide. That's why I am asking here.

So, in other words, do you think I have to assign an Activation Code for each one this time?

Last time, as I said, it worked with just one, but were slow at the start up. Could that be the reason?

Thank you so much for your help,

Argee
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:33
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
2 separate applications Feb 18, 2010

[QUOTE]So, in other words, do you think I have to assign an Activation Code for each one this time?[\QUOTE]

As I said before, Studio and Suite are 2 separate applications, with 2 separate licences.
If you uninstalled Studio, you will have to paste in the Studio licence when you start it up again. If you uninstalled Suite (which is Workbench), you will have to paste the Suite licence in when you start it up

Slowness at start up has nothing to do with licence acti
... See more
[QUOTE]So, in other words, do you think I have to assign an Activation Code for each one this time?[\QUOTE]

As I said before, Studio and Suite are 2 separate applications, with 2 separate licences.
If you uninstalled Studio, you will have to paste in the Studio licence when you start it up again. If you uninstalled Suite (which is Workbench), you will have to paste the Suite licence in when you start it up

Slowness at start up has nothing to do with licence activations, AFAIK. Studio takes quite a long time to start up, but since SP1 came out it performs well.

I don't think it's fair to say that SDL "knows very well how to hide". They provide free support for installation and licensing issues, and this forum is also very closely monitored by SDL Support, so you will definitely solve your problem one way or another.
Collapse

Isabel Conde
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Emma Feb 18, 2010

Then, I don't know how to reach them and I know many people experience the same. In conclusion, we are all dummies (I don't mind consider myself that way). All the support looks machinery.

I didn't know that.I am grateful this exist.

That's for sure.

Thank you for your support. I hope this time I can set the languages without mistakes.
I will let you know.

Argee

Isabel Conde
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Emma. Feb 19, 2010

Everything went through.

Best regards,

Argee

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

There are two activation codes for Trados

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »