Gerda Rijsselaere  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 06:06
Member (2009)
French to Dutch
+ ...
Feb 20, 2010

Hello,

I received a bilingual file (.doc) for proofreading. It was translated with Trados and I would like to import it in Studio for revision. When trying to import the file I get the message that only monolingual files can be imported in Studio.

Is there any possibility to import the file in Studio or in the version of Trados 2007 that I got together with Studio?

Thanks!
Gerda

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You can just open the file in Word, accompanied by Trados 2007 Feb 20, 2010

or you can create a TM by cleanup of this file in T2007 and then upgrade this TM to T2009, to be able to open a monolingual Word file in Studio, but you will NOT be able to get the bilingual Word file processed other as in Word itself.

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 08:06
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
You can use DVX Feb 20, 2010

Hi Gerda,

It seems that you use DVX as well (it is listed at your profile page). You can use DVX for translating/proofreading bilingual Trados files.

Selcuk

Gerda Rijsselaere  Identity Verified
Belgium
Member (2009)
French to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Feb 20, 2010

Thanks Jerzy, I will do as you say and proofread the file in Word with the workbench of Trados 2007.

Thanks also to Selcuk, I am indeed a happy user of DVX but I want to learn how to use Trados as well, so I think I will have to do some efforts...

Thanks for your fast replies!
Have a nice week-end!
Gerda

mwalser
Switzerland
Solution for your problem Feb 20, 2010

1. Create a new (empty) document
2. Copy the text from your source document into the new over "copy content" - only as text
3. Save the new document

That's all.

regards
Marcel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

importing bilingual Word file in Studio 2009

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search