Thread poster: Laura Pelizzari

Laura Pelizzari
Local time: 06:10
French to Italian
+ ...
Feb 21, 2010

Hi everyone,
I have a little question!
I purchased the latest version of Trados: Trados studio 2009 and got also a full license for Trados Freelance 2007. I installed both on my laptop ( Windows 7), I am mainly using Trados Freelance 2007 in order to gain more experience with Cat-tools.
When I try to open Multitem- Trados 2007 I have this message:
Riferimento a un oggetto non impostato su un'istanza di oggetto.
And can't open MT, what shoul I do?

Thanks a lot
Laura

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:10
Italian to English
Two points Feb 21, 2010

Hi Laura,

First of all, you don't need to run MT 2007; MT 2009, which is much easier to use, is compatible with Studio 2009 and Trados 2007.

The second point is that Studio 2009 isn't compatible with MT 2007. If you want to run both versions of MT, you will need to install the Side-by-Side tools described in SDL's Knowledge Base article KB 2947:

http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2n/articleDirect/index.aspx?aid=2947&r=0.2458091

SSDA

Giles

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:10
English to Dutch
+ ...
SDL MultiTerm 2007 and 2009 SideBySide KB2947 Utility Apr 21, 2010

I've still not worked out how to get MultiTerm 2009 to work with Trados 2007, so I'd like to keep both working side by side. That turns out to be a problem. The tool that you're supposed to run every time you switch from Trados 2007 to Studio actually killed MT 2007 on my Windows 7 64bit laptop.

That when I found this thread. The trouble is that links to downloads on the SDL site don't work anymore as soon as you log out. I'll try it here again, but if it doesn't work, look for the utility mentioned in the title.

Side-by-Side tool
http://talisma.sdl.com/utility/getfile.aspx?rid=878

- Rien

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2007 and Trados studio 2009

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search