Dan Marasescu Romania Local time: 23:03 Member (2003) English to Romanian + ...
Feb 23, 2010
I run SDL Trados 2007 or rather Workbench 8.3 to be more precise on Word 2003 files and I would like to know whether I could use the QA Checker to check the bilingual Word files before clean-up. I know the QA Checker plug-in is intended for ttx files but I was hoping it could be used on bilingual Word files. Does anyone know if that's possible?
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Jerzy Czopik Germany Local time: 23:03 Member (2003) Polish to German + ...
I use SDLX's QA checker to verify Word bilingual files. It's very easy, here's a simple list.
1. Save the unclean Word file as an RTF file. Close the file.
2. From SDL Edit select File>New translation.
3. Set the settings, open the RTF unclean file and select Paragraph in Segmentation Rules.
4. Save the ITD file.
5. Add the Multiterm Termbase.
6. Go to Tools>QA Check and select the options to check. Create a log file and run the QA Check.
7. Click on View to see the report and correct the translation as needed.
8. Save the ITD file.
9. Create the corrected unclean Word file (*.RTF). Go to File>Create Translation.
10. (Optional) Open the RTF file and Save it as a Word file (*.doc).
Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer.
Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools.
Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free
Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market.
See the brand new features in action:
*Completely redesigned user interface
*Inline spell checking