Dan Marasescu Romania Local time: 15:50 Member (2003) English to Romanian + ...
Feb 23, 2010
I run SDL Trados 2007 or rather Workbench 8.3 to be more precise on Word 2003 files and I would like to know whether I could use the QA Checker to check the bilingual Word files before clean-up. I know the QA Checker plug-in is intended for ttx files but I was hoping it could be used on bilingual Word files. Does anyone know if that's possible?
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Jerzy Czopik Germany Local time: 15:50 Member (2003) Polish to German + ...
I use SDLX's QA checker to verify Word bilingual files. It's very easy, here's a simple list.
1. Save the unclean Word file as an RTF file. Close the file.
2. From SDL Edit select File>New translation.
3. Set the settings, open the RTF unclean file and select Paragraph in Segmentation Rules.
4. Save the ITD file.
5. Add the Multiterm Termbase.
6. Go to Tools>QA Check and select the options to check. Create a log file and run the QA Check.
7. Click on View to see the report and correct the translation as needed.
8. Save the ITD file.
9. Create the corrected unclean Word file (*.RTF). Go to File>Create Translation.
10. (Optional) Open the RTF file and Save it as a Word file (*.doc).
WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime.
Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device.
Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.
PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.