Error in SDL Trados 2007 -- stopped working
Thread poster: Joseph Nunes
Joseph Nunes  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:44
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 25, 2010

PROBLEM: My SDL Trados 2007 stopped working.
On top of the Word 2007 (Vista) screen there is an SDL Trados tab. Clicking that tab I should get a monitor-wide window with all SDL Trados commands opening below the Tab. Instead, the window does open but only 8 x 3 icons are bunched together on the left 1/5th of the window and they do NOT respond.
This is the first time I encounter this problem. Do you know how to solve it? I cannot work with SDL Trados until this problem is solved.

Joseph Nunes
~~~~~~~~~~~
josephnunes@cybertecusa.com

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 18:44
English to Czech
+ ...
Workbench running? Feb 25, 2010

Hi Joseph,
this may be a rather stupid question, but are you sure Workbench is running?

[Upraveno: 2010-02-25 13:48 GMT]

English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SDL Trados stopped working Feb 25, 2010

Hi Stanislav,
Yes. Workbench seems to be working fine.
After I start Worbench, I open the Word file and find the SDL Trados bar/menu all buched up on the left side and the commands do not work.
(The same thing happens in Word if I do not open Workbench)
Josephnunes@cybertecusa.com

tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 18:44
German
+ ...
Restrictive macro security settings? Feb 26, 2010

I don't have Word 2007, but this sounds like the icons are being loaded from the Trados template, but the macros associated with them are disabled. Check your macro security settings to make sure the Trados macros are allowed to be executed on your system.

HTH,

Benjamin

English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SDL Trados stopped working Feb 26, 2010

Benjamin, you are right. Yesterday one of my clients advised me to check the macros and they were disabled. When enabled, everything went back to normal.
She said that this can happen when our security software disables macros.
Thanks for al the advice.
Joseph Nunes

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error in SDL Trados 2007 -- stopped working

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search