TagEditor and formatting problems in cleaned up Word file!
Thread poster: Joanne Parker

Joanne Parker  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:18
Member (2002)
German to English
Feb 28, 2010

Hello,

First things first: I am using Word 2003 and SDL Trados 8.3.0.863.

I have just finished a 200+ page Word document, and am proofreading it in Word. Imagine my surprise halway through the file when I find that the font of the translated version is suddenly all bold, whereas the parts that should be bold are normal font. Later on, the font is changed entirely to italics.

I have checked the source file, and the formatting is exactly as it should be all through the file.

I thought that using TagEditor would avoid such problems? Does anyone know why/how this could have happened and how I can avoid it in future?

Thanks,

Joanne

Joanne Parker  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:18
Member (2002)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Solution found! Feb 28, 2010

After checking through the forum here, someone suggested verifying the file. I've done this and found that some rogue formats had crept in, and this was the cause of the problem.

Hopefully this will help someone else in future!

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 11:18
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
when using TagEditor, always... Feb 28, 2010

press F8 and F7, when you think you're done;P

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor and formatting problems in cleaned up Word file!

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search