Thread poster: Carlotta Minozzi

Carlotta Minozzi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 16:30
Italian to English
+ ...
Feb 28, 2010

Hello everybody,
I'm new to Trados Studio 2009 and I apologize in advance 'cause I'm sure I'm doing something wrong
I tried to create a new project opening an inx file; I tried to translate a few sentences and export the target language to another inx file, and it worked. The problem is that in the Analysis Statistics window there is no analysis at all. It seems that Trados cannot count the words/characters in the project. I tried to create another project using a .doc file but the problem is still the same, no word count at all.
Any suggestion?
Thanks in advance for your help which I really really appreciate!
C.

P.S.: I really need to figure out how to solve this problem urgently as I have to quote a project for a client within tomorrow (Monday)...

[Edited at 2010-02-28 17:52 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

ERNESTO GARCIA MARIN  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 09:30
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Count it in Word Feb 28, 2010

I have WordFast, so know very little of Trados, but if you need statistics - counting - use Word to send your bid
best regards

Eduardo García Soñanes
Mexico
Local time: 09:30
English to Spanish
The statistics are in the reports Feb 28, 2010

Hello Carlotta,

Click on Reports (on the left panel of Studio 2009). The top of the panel will change to "Reports" listing the reports of your project. You will see three report types: Translation Count, Pre-translate files, and Analyze files. Click on each of them to see what you need. "Analyze files" contains the same statistics as the previous Trados versions. With your report open, you can save it as an Excel file (from the Report menu or with the corresponding button in the toolbar).

These reports are already saved in xml in your project directory. This is where Studio retrieves them from to display them onscreen.

Happy translating
Eduardo García Soñanes

[Edited at 2010-02-28 18:42 GMT]

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:30
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Did you perform any analysis? Feb 28, 2010

Have you used the batch tas "Analyse"?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2009: Analysis Statistics not available

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search