Thread poster: Tejinder Soodan

Tejinder Soodan  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 16:21
Member (2006)
English to Panjabi
+ ...
Mar 5, 2010

I am experiencing problems in using spell check for Hindi and Punjabi in SDL Trados Studio 2009.

The spell checker is unable to identify a word correctly. For most of the words in only considers first few characters of the word and skips the remaining characters. As a result it gives error for most of the words.

May be this is happening because of the complex nature of these languages, as the spell checker is working correctly for English.

SDL Trados Studio uses Hunspell software and dictionaries for its spell checking and the same software works perfectly for these languages in Open Office.

Is there anyone else who is experiencing similar problem in these or any other complex language?

Tejinder

William Tierney  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:51
Member (2002)
Arabic to English
Same Problems with Arabic Jul 5, 2010

Dear Tejinder,

The spell checker in Studio 2009 is poor for Arabic. I am spent the last few hours trying to get it to recognized the MS Word spell checker without success. If I don't find the answer on the forum, I will post a new query.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spell check for complex language in Trados Studio 2009 SP2

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search