Thread poster: Zbigniew Szalbot

Zbigniew Szalbot  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 00:56
English to Polish
+ ...
Mar 10, 2010

Hello,

I hope you can help me. I have been trying to install Trados 2007 Freelance on a new Windows 7 machine but I seem to have an issue with it.

The following commponents are not installed:

SDLX 2007
SDL Passolo Essential
Activation Utility for SDL Trados 2007

The setup runs each time I restart Windows but each attempt to complete installation fails.

The exact message is:

Failed to install SDLX 2007. Continue with other components?

What can I do about it? Thank you!

Zbigniew Szalbot

[Edited at 2010-03-10 08:58 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Carole Paquis  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:56
Member (2007)
English to French
I tried to install Trados 2007SP2 with Win7 Mar 10, 2010

Since you have so far have had no reply to your post, and even though I have managed to install Trados 2007 on a Win7 machine, here's the little I know:

... Trados 2007 did install, but Workbench crashes everytime I use it.

After contacting SDL, they have confirmed what I feared: only Trados 2009 is fully compatible with Win 7.

Besides, with Win 7, my printer and Abby Fine Reader do not work anymore...

Carole

Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
English to Croatian
+ ...
Trados Issues on Win 7 Apr 11, 2010

Carole Paquis wrote:

After contacting SDL, they have confirmed what I feared: only Trados 2009 is fully compatible with Win 7.

Can somebody please confirm this statement, preferably someone with firsthand information? I've tried to contact SDL support directly regarding this, but no answer.

Seems like we need to be on XP in order to be secured with having all Trados features running smoothly without surprising and additional complications.

I'd appreciate if someone could confirm this, because I need to make a decision about the OS I am about to use. I don't want any issues on Trados.

I run Win 7 32-bit + Office 2010

But looks like I'll have to go back to Win XP + Office 2007, just because of Trados.

I do have Trados 2009, but I'm not using it. I'm used to Trados 2007, and want to be able to fully use it with all features.

Many thanks in advance for any helpful information you may have.

[Edited at 2010-04-11 19:31 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Trados on W7 Apr 11, 2010

Hi,

If you have SDL Trados 2007 (8.3.0.863) then this is fully supported on W7, and of course SDL Trados Studio 2009 is also supported.

On your others points, Office 2010 is not supported yet, in fact as far as I am aware it has not been released yet. It is likely that we will support 2010 file formats as soon as we have a stable target, ie. a product that has been released by Microsoft and not just a beta, but I can't confirm yet whether we will be able to support the 2007 version for translating in Word 2010.

I hope this helps?

Regards

Paul

Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
English to Croatian
+ ...
Thanks Paul Apr 11, 2010

Actually Office 2010 has options of packing files as Office 2007 formats, e.g. in Word to save a file as " Word 2003-2007" etc.. not sure if I could use my Trados in Word with such a file, i.e. in such a case? Please clarify. Office 2010 looks ( and behaves) exactly like Office 2007 with some additional functions. The interface is the same.

I have SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance. Is that 8.3.0.863 ?

[Edited at 2010-04-11 22:32 GMT]

John Gallagher
Local time: 18:56
How can I get that version Jun 17, 2010

Is the version you mention, SDL Trados 2007 (8.3.0.863), something I can simply download?

I have been trying to install/reinstall many versions, but I can't get SDLX to launch with this Windows 7 OS.

Any thoughts, please?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Windows 7 / Trados 2007 installation cannot be completed

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search