Don't want to see Automatic Translations in the target segment.
Thread poster: Adriana Alvarez

Adriana Alvarez
Mexico
Local time: 03:11
Member (2016)
English to Spanish
Mar 11, 2010

Hi,

I'm new to Trados 2009 SP2 Trial Version and I'm using the AT tool from Google, however I only want to see the AT on the Translation Results Window, not on the target segment. But when I click on a new segment, it automatically fills up with the AT from Google. How can I prevent this from happening?

Thank you,

Adriana.

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:11
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
NOT POSSIBLE Mar 11, 2010

I don't know how to prevent it happening, as I think that it always comes up automatically in the target segment (the idea is to make your work faster I suppose). You can easily delete it quickly with alt+delete if you don't want it, and if you have any match from a "real" TM then it will appear in the target segment and the machine translation will be offered in the translation results window. To transfer any results from that window into your target segment, simply press alt+the corresponding number.
Hope that helps

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Disable "Apply best match..." Mar 11, 2010

Hi Adriana,

I'm pretty sure you can prevent the automatic copying of the AT into your target by disabling the "Apply best match after successful lookup" in Tools-Editor-Automation. Then you can use Alt+nr to select the match you want to use or simply translate it yourself.

Regards

Paul

Adriana Alvarez
Mexico
Local time: 03:11
Member (2016)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Both solutions worked. Mar 12, 2010

Thank you Emma, I really liked the alt+del, as for some reason I was having lots of problems deleting the AT. Very helpful!

Trados Support answer was also very helpful and it worked. Now at least I get to choose if I want the AT text copied. Thank you!

Adriana.

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Copy All Source to Target Sep 6, 2010

Just for the record, this is my way of overcoming the problem:

Go to the "Translation" menu tab
Choose "Copy All Source to Target"

As the first TU will still have been automatically translated, you have to do that one separately. Therefore, place the cursor in the first TU and choose, from the same menu, "Copy Source to Target". Then also save this configuration (Control key + S or File menu tab - Save). Then you are ready to begin.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Don't want to see Automatic Translations in the target segment.

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search