Thread poster: Strastran (X)

Strastran (X)
France
Local time: 02:00
French to English
+ ...
Mar 16, 2010

Hi everyone

I've installed SP2 for Trados Studio, but when I click on the .exe MultiTerm file i get the following message:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.
Data item 'labelMessageUninstall' not found in symbol tables."

There is then a lot more (complicated) information under 'Details'.

If I click on 'Continue', the installation freezes.

I'm on Windows 7.

Can anyone help?

Mette Djoerup  Identity Verified
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
Also on Windows XP May 9, 2010

I run Windows XP and I get the same result when trying to install SDL MultiTerm Desktop 2009.

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Install manually May 10, 2010

Hello Mette and Patrick,
I had the same problem once with MT 2009.
Please go to Program Files\SDL\Installers\SDLMultiTerm2009SP2\Modules and run the relevant MSI installers one by one. I managed to get MT 2009 working this way.

Muriel Martin  Identity Verified
Member (2005)
English to French
+ ...
I had the same problem and you saved me too Stanislav! Sep 7, 2010

Fortunately SDL Trados Studio users are more reactive than SDL support. I followed your directions and it worked, after spending several hours trying to log a support case in vain.
Thanks a lot!

Muriel Martin

[Edited at 2010-09-07 15:02 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Clarification Sep 7, 2010

Dear all

This message indicates that old registry entries (of MultiTerm 2007) still exist in the Registration Editor and therefore block the correct check for older version before MultiTerm 2009.

I didn´t found any Solution Finder cases from you in our system to this installation problem.

The way we would here proceed would be to start a webex remote session, run a tool to clean up the old registry entries and then the installation should work again.

Surely, the workaround of Stanislav is perfect to quickly go on with the installlation but the problem can reappear since the old registry keys will still exist.

Many thanks
Richard

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to install MultiTerm 2009 SP2

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search