Studio: What's the easiest way to do an ES>EN translation with a EN>ES TM?
Thread poster: Claudia Alvis

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 23:24
Spanish
+ ...
Apr 2, 2010

I have to translate a small file from Spanish to English but I have a massive (100MB) English to Spanish TM. I thought Studio would sort the languages automatically but it doesn't. What's the fastest way to do it?

Thanks

Eduardo García Soñanes
Mexico
Local time: 22:24
English to Spanish
Create a new TM and import the old one Apr 2, 2010

Hello Claudia,

Just create a new TM with the languages swapped. Then import the one you have and you'll get a massive Spa-Eng TM.

Happy translating
Eduardo

Boris Kimel  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 07:24
English to Russian
+ ...
Export/import Apr 2, 2010

You need to export the TM into e.g. a TMX file and import it into a new TM, specifying the reversed languages. This worked in Trados 2007 but I did not try it with Studio yet.

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:24
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Boris is right Apr 2, 2010

And I can confirm it works in Studio too. Make sure you specify the new language direction when you create your new TM.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio: What's the easiest way to do an ES>EN translation with a EN>ES TM?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search