Compile Error in hidden module: when opening and clising word
Thread poster: Geraldine Touzeau-Patrick

Geraldine Touzeau-Patrick  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:14
English to French
+ ...
Apr 5, 2010

Hi,

I installed Trados 2009 on my computer late December, and since then, I get two error messages when opening and closing word.
When opening Word, I get: Compile Error in Hidden Module: AutoExec
When closing Word, I get: Compile Error in Hidden Module: TMMultiTermMenu

I went on Trados web site and find a "solution/explanation" for the one, and follow the steps indicated, but it did not help and I still get the error message when opening word.

I also realized, that Trados 2007 does not seem to work ince I install Word 2007.

Any advices?
Thanks

Geraldine Touzeau-Patrick

Doron Greenspan MITI  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 21:14
Member (2005)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Try removing a specific template - it worked for me Apr 5, 2010

I had the same problem, and then, following advice from ProZers, I removed MULTITERM8.dotm template from the Office's STARTUP folder*, and this strange error disappeared. I don't use MultiTerm much, so this didn't affect anything else.

*C\Users\[YOURUSER]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\Startup\...

See my own post:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/146129-word_2007_visual_basic_strange_error.html

Good luck!

Daniel Weston  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:14
French to English
+ ...
Same problem Apr 5, 2010

I have the same problem and I also had to remove multiterm8.dot. It would be nice if SDL would post a fix for this problem. They had one for Trados 2007 but there isn't one for Windows7 and Studio 2009 that I can find. I would like to use th multiterm interface in Word 2007 but I can't for this reason.

Geraldine Touzeau-Patrick  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:14
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Apr 5, 2010

Hi,

Thanks for the help.

Geraldine

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Compile Error in hidden module: when opening and clising word

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search