Compile Error in hidden module: when opening and clising word
Thread poster: Geraldine Touzeau-Patrick

Geraldine Touzeau-Patrick  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:13
English to French
+ ...
Apr 5, 2010

Hi,

I installed Trados 2009 on my computer late December, and since then, I get two error messages when opening and closing word.
When opening Word, I get: Compile Error in Hidden Module: AutoExec
When closing Word, I get: Compile Error in Hidden Module: TMMultiTermMenu

I went on Trados web site and find a "solution/explanation" for the one, and follow the steps indicated, but it did not help and I still get the error message when opening word.

I also realized, that Trados 2007 does not seem to work ince I install Word 2007.

Any advices?
Thanks

Geraldine Touzeau-Patrick

Doron Greenspan MITI  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 09:13
Member (2005)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Try removing a specific template - it worked for me Apr 5, 2010

I had the same problem, and then, following advice from ProZers, I removed MULTITERM8.dotm template from the Office's STARTUP folder*, and this strange error disappeared. I don't use MultiTerm much, so this didn't affect anything else.

*C\Users\[YOURUSER]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\Startup\...

See my own post:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/146129-word_2007_visual_basic_strange_error.html

Good luck!

Daniel Weston  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:13
French to English
+ ...
Same problem Apr 5, 2010

I have the same problem and I also had to remove multiterm8.dot. It would be nice if SDL would post a fix for this problem. They had one for Trados 2007 but there isn't one for Windows7 and Studio 2009 that I can find. I would like to use th multiterm interface in Word 2007 but I can't for this reason.

Geraldine Touzeau-Patrick  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:13
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Apr 5, 2010

Hi,

Thanks for the help.

Geraldine

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Compile Error in hidden module: when opening and clising word

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search