SDL 2009: protocol error
Thread poster: AZTranslations

AZTranslations  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:55
German to English
+ ...
Apr 6, 2010

Hello all!

When I open a file in Studio, I get the following error:

There was a protocol error in the communication. You do not have the authorization required to carry out this request.

I click OK, it goes away, and I can work, but this is a new thing (first started last week for no apparent reason).

I haven't tried everything yet to see if it works, since I have work to finish, but I'm afraid there will be something...

I did notice, that there have been more problems than usual with adding new terms to MultiTerm through Studio (entry levels locked etc.), and I have to restart the program more often than before in order for the Term Recognition to work.
Also, the insert buttons in the TM-window sometime don't work, and copying from the concordance won't work.

Does anyone else have the(se) same proplem(s), too?


 

Kai Zimmermann  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 06:55
Russian to German
+ ...
Same problem Apr 13, 2010

This problem occurred first after installing SP2. I suspect one of the new functions to be the reason but can't guess which of them. I tried to switch the new web-based translation servers (Google Translate and Language Weaver) on and off and to use the different options of automatic opening of documents but to no avail.

Has anyone found an explanation yet?


 

AZTranslations  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:55
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Workaround Apr 13, 2010

Hi,
in the meantime, I tried all sorts of Java-related fixes (changing the size of the virtual machine, checking the version, not doing updates etc.), and I uninstalled and reinstalled Studio. It now seems to work, but I'm not sure that really did it... we'll have to wait for the next big project and see, I guess.


 

Kai Zimmermann  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 06:55
Russian to German
+ ...
... Apr 13, 2010

For my previous project restarting the computer and Studio seemed to work but now with my new project the problem has reoccurred and restarting doesn't seem to help anymore. The most annoying thing is that it's not possible to select the next or previous match.

Edit: The problem seemed to be the connection to SDL's Automated Translation Server. I completely removed it from the project settings and now everything works fine again.

[Bearbeitet am 2010-04-13 15:24 GMT]


 

Gilberto Allesina  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 01:55
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Same problem May 9, 2010

I had a similar problem after changing Project Settings (specifically, Automated Translation machines from TM options). It seems like Studio is sensible to Project Settings changes. I've restored previous settings and now things work well. The main problem was not being allowed to use CTRL+Number to insert Context Match translations in Editor view.
Despite the fact of smart new resources, other aspects are still to be better developed. It seems it's a perpetual "work in progress" or beta-test, but in this case we have to pay for it...


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL 2009: protocol error

Advanced search







Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search