Is there a simple instruction how to use custom INI file with TTX in Studio?
Thread poster: Andrei Vybornov

Andrei Vybornov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 01:34
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Apr 7, 2010

The situation is very simple: the customer provides TTX files along with the mandatory INI.
The question is, how do I add INI in the Studio environment? Is there a clear step-by-step instruction?
Of course I know about Project File Type settings, but since TTX is already there, I am not sure if I need to add anything there. Besides, if I add, how will I know that Studio uses my custom INI and not its generic counterpart?

And of course I did search the forum. Did not find a straightforward answer.

Would be greatful for any comments or a link.

Best regards,
Andrei

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 23:34
English to Czech
+ ...
No INI for TTXs in Studio Apr 7, 2010

Hi Andrei,
Studio uses its own, universal SDLFILETYPE for file definition purposes. If you open the source file in TagEditor with the corresponding INI and save it as TTX, it will be processed automatically by Studio w/o any further settings.

Andrei Vybornov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 01:34
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Stanislav Apr 7, 2010

That was my guess too. Do I get it right, that if the custumer sends me TTX files and an INI file, I should just ignore the INI file? That is of course if I need to deliver TTXs.

Best regards,
Andrei

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 23:34
English to Czech
+ ...
Exactly Apr 7, 2010

Hi Andrei,
you're right; just ignore the INI and create a project with the existing TTX files.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a simple instruction how to use custom INI file with TTX in Studio?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search