SDL Trados 2009 SP2 - font size problem
Thread poster: Anne Jackson

Anne Jackson  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:04
Italian to English
Apr 7, 2010

Please forgive me if this has been tackled before, but I did a search and can't find anything.

I have just moved SDL trados onto a new computer, traumatic enough in itself (!), and in so doing got the SP2 update. I managed to move it fairly easily, deactivating and reactivating the license and so on, and I went to bed happy...

However, this morning when I tried to use it for the first time I see that Ive got a problem with the font size in the editor window. The font is ENORMOUS!! I can see 3 or 4 words at a time. I persevered through the first document I had to do this morning, thankfully a short one, hoping that it was a blip with that file. But the next has come up exactly the same.

I'm no Trados expert, having bought it at the end of last year, and I admit it scares me! So I'm wary about randomly pressing buttons hoping it will go away!

Please can someone help, I'm going crazy here!

Thank you.

Anne

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Editor Font Adaption Settings Apr 7, 2010

Hello Anne,

you might want to have a look at the editors font adaption settings (Tools>Options>Editor>Font Adaption):

You can adjust the font size that is used in the editor.

I hope this solves your problem.

Regards,
Bernhard

Anne Jackson  Identity Verified
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Apr 7, 2010

Wonderful, that's worked perfectly. Thank you, Bernhard.

Yngve Roennike  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:04
Swedish to English
+ ...
Does not take! Apr 13, 2010

Well, it does not implement on my machine - and the Afrikaans flag keeps re-emerging every time I go back to do a new attempt, even though I changed it to the proper language.
Bemused as always about SDL. How many layers down must we go to do the simplest things? Looks more and more like the Word for Windows disaster in that regard.

SDL Support wrote:

Hello Anne,

you might want to have a look at the editors font adaption settings (Tools>Options>Editor>Font Adaption):

You can adjust the font size that is used in the editor.

I hope this solves your problem.

Regards,
Bernhard

Joel Earnest
Swedish to English
Want a zoom feature? Apr 13, 2010

You can vote for the addition of a zoom feature here: http://ideas.sdl.com/ideas/detail.asp?i=2944

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
flags misconception Apr 13, 2010

Hello Yngve,

Yngve Roennike wrote:

... and the Afrikaans flag keeps re-emerging every time I go back to do a new attempt, even though I changed it to the proper language...

The list of flags always shows Afrikaans first, simply because it is the first in the list (alphabetically sorted).

If you select any language and change the font from default to something different the change will persist - just select the language again and you will see.
The reason this was implemented this way was simply to not have another sub-window, keeping it simple this way.

If the font adaption does not work for you, maybe you can describe the problem in greater detail.

Regards,
Bernhard

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2009 SP2 - font size problem

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search