Analysis differences - Trados 2007 vs. Trados 2009
Thread poster: Peter Adolph

Peter Adolph
Local time: 00:01
Member (2006)
English to Danish
+ ...
Apr 8, 2010

I experience significant differences in the analysis of the same file using SDL Trados 2007 Suite versus SDL Trados Studio 2009 (we upgraded recently, and I am curious to find out what the differences btw. the 2 systems are):

2007 vs. 2009
100%: 159 vs. 96
Reps: 70 vs. 123
99-95%: 2 vs. 104
94-85%: 28 vs. 274
84-75%: 31 vs. 608
No matches: 4,301 vs. 3,412
Total: 4,591 vs. 4.617

I used the same TM for the analysis of course (though I obviously had to upgrade it to 2009).

Has anyone experienced the same and is able to give an explanation? I would not mind a little analysis difference, but this one seems too big to ignore - in particular when you want to be precise in your budgetting/quotations and production planning.

kind regards,
peter

[Edited at 2010-04-08 06:50 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote Turn social sharing on.
Like 14

Grace Horsley  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:01
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
Segmentation rules Apr 8, 2010

Hi Peter,

One reason could be that you are using different segmentation rules in each version. This can lead to a difference in the analysis.

You can check the rules by going to File > Setup > Segmentation Rules in Workbench (Trados 2007), and by opening the TM in question in the Translation Memories view in Trados Studio 2009 and looking at Translation Memory Settings > Language Resources > Segmentation Rules.

Regards,

Grace

Direct link Reply with quote Turn social sharing on.
Like 3

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Analysis differences - Trados 2007 vs. Trados 2009

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search