Analysis differences - Trados 2007 vs. Trados 2009
Thread poster: Peter Adolph

Peter Adolph
Local time: 21:52
Member (2006)
English to Danish
+ ...
Apr 8, 2010

I experience significant differences in the analysis of the same file using SDL Trados 2007 Suite versus SDL Trados Studio 2009 (we upgraded recently, and I am curious to find out what the differences btw. the 2 systems are):

2007 vs. 2009
100%: 159 vs. 96
Reps: 70 vs. 123
99-95%: 2 vs. 104
94-85%: 28 vs. 274
84-75%: 31 vs. 608
No matches: 4,301 vs. 3,412
Total: 4,591 vs. 4.617

I used the same TM for the analysis of course (though I obviously had to upgrade it to 2009).

Has anyone experienced the same and is able to give an explanation? I would not mind a little analysis difference, but this one seems too big to ignore - in particular when you want to be precise in your budgetting/quotations and production planning.

kind regards,
peter

[Edited at 2010-04-08 06:50 GMT]

Grace Horsley  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:52
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
Segmentation rules Apr 8, 2010

Hi Peter,

One reason could be that you are using different segmentation rules in each version. This can lead to a difference in the analysis.

You can check the rules by going to File > Setup > Segmentation Rules in Workbench (Trados 2007), and by opening the TM in question in the Translation Memories view in Trados Studio 2009 and looking at Translation Memory Settings > Language Resources > Segmentation Rules.

Regards,

Grace

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Analysis differences - Trados 2007 vs. Trados 2009

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search