Source segment automatically copied to target (Studio 2009)
Thread poster: Simon Bruni

Simon Bruni  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:17
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
Apr 8, 2010

Hello everyone.

Although I normally just use the 2007 workbench since most of my projects reach me in Word format, I'm currently translating a spreadsheet in Studio 2009. The annoying problem I am having is that, when I select a word in the target segment (by double-clicking on it or dragging the mouse over it), either to copy and paste or to overwrite, the source segment is automatically copied into the target, overwriting my target text. I can retrieve the target text with ctrl+z, but nevertheless it is very annoying and means I can't select text in the target segment.

Many thanks for your help.

Simon

[Edited at 2010-04-08 09:26 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-04-08 09:26 GMT]

Roy OConnor
Local time: 08:17
German to English
Check that the box is unclicked... Apr 8, 2010

.... in Translation Memories (bottom left), Tools-> Options -> Editor -> Automation -> Under Translation Memory "Copy source when no match is found".

That could be your problem!

United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Box is unclicked Apr 8, 2010

Hello Roy and thanks for your help. Unfortunately the box you mention is already unclicked.

[Edited at 2010-04-08 11:59 GMT]

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:17
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
try the solutions ... Apr 8, 2010

... posted in this thread
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/161321-cant_format_the_target_segments_in_trados_2009_sp2.html

United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Software conflict Apr 8, 2010

Thanks Emma, the solution was in the thread you mention.

The problem I am having is being caused by conflict with a dictionary pogramme. Unfortunately even after changing the activation settings in the dictionary software the problem persists, but at least I can overcome it by turning off the dictionary completely.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Source segment automatically copied to target (Studio 2009)

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search