Thread poster: Pavel Tsvetkov

Pavel Tsvetkov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 11:47
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

Apr 9, 2010

Information: I have Win XP SP3 and SDL Trados Studio SP2 - 9.1.1264.0 installed.

Problem: It turns out that I have named some of the directories pertinent to translation by names that are too long (directories within directories) and I have finally exceeded the limit allowed by Windows, so with my last project Studio refused to prepare the files from of the project for translation, completing successfully some of the tasks, and failing others (populating the project TM failed for example).

An easy way to fix the problem would be to shorten the name of the root translation directory (for all Studio projects) which would affect positively the length of all directories contained in it, but...

... that would also bring about disasterous results as:

1. Projects will no longer be opened from the list of completed projects under Studio, because Studio can no longer find them.
2. Neither can projects be started by double-clicking the project file directly (under Windows Explorer), since still some old path information is stored somewhere, and Studio returns an error.

If anyone knows how to fix this, your help is appreciated.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Changing Path Name of Studio Projects = Disaster

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search