How do I create a new TM from a doc. already translated without Trados?
Thread poster: Valentina Radu

Valentina Radu  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:10
Spanish to Romanian
+ ...
Apr 9, 2010

Hi,

I need some help, I purchased Trados 2009, I also taken some training courses, but I don´t know how to create a Translation Memory from documents already translated without Trados, like word documents that I have stored into my computer. So, I need them uploaded into my TRADOS so they can help my future translations. Could you help me please, if posible indicating the steps to take?

Thank you
Valentina

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Use winalign Apr 9, 2010

Winalign is part of Suite 2007 (which comes bundled with Studio under a separate licence). If you have already installed 2207, then you will have a tab in STudio for "align translated documents" in your home window.
This was discussed here:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/158548-sdl_trados_2009:_align_two_documents.html

Here are the instructions step by step
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/156145-creating_a_tm_from_word_files.html#1311616

[Edited at 2010-04-09 16:05 GMT]

Jan Neersoe  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2004)
English to German
Align or clean up Apr 9, 2010

If you only have monolingual versions of those files (source and target): Create an alignment project in Studio 2009 and align the files.

If the files are legacy Trados bilingual RTF or TTX: Put copies of all those files into a folder, create a new blank TM in Translators Workbench 2007 (!), clean up all files from that folder with the "Update TM" options active to get all the segments into that 2007 TM. Then either 1) start Studio 2009 and upgrade the 2007 TM to a 2009 TM, or 2) export the 2007 TM as TMX and import it into an existing 2009 TM of your choice.

[Edited at 2010-04-09 16:04 GMT]

Valentina Radu  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Apr 9, 2010

Thank you so much for your quick answers, I will check them now step by step. You were very helpfull.

Kind regards

Valentina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I create a new TM from a doc. already translated without Trados?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search