Studio 2009: cannot enter Spanish accents using ' + vowel
Thread poster: Marialba Baez

Marialba Baez  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:24
English to Spanish
Apr 9, 2010

Dear colleagues,
how do you enter the Spanish accents on vowels when translating? I changed the keyboard layout to ES Spanish latin america, but t doesn't work the way it used to work for Trados 2007. Weird...typing ; gives me the n with ~ etc; only the accents are not active.
Please help me if you can. Thanks

simone_28
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:24
Typing Accents May 11, 2010

Hi Marialba

You should try a utility which I now use : Accent Pro. It works in most if not all applications and makes accents much much easier to type.

I also had issues using the various keyboard layouts on my laptop and didn't work out what the problem was. Hope this helpsicon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009: cannot enter Spanish accents using ' + vowel

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search