Thread poster: Paula González Fernández

Paula González Fernández  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 11, 2010

Hello everyone,
I own Trados 2007, I've been working with it for more than 2 years now and all of a sudden, when opening a TM I've been working with it two days ago it says that the TM is too big for the demo mode. I've tried activating online the license, but it keeps saying the same and basically, doesn't let me work!!! Does anybody know what's happening and how can I solve it?
Thanks!
Paula

Direct link Reply with quote

Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
English to Croatian
+ ...
Possible problem and solution Apr 11, 2010

Hi Paula,

Did you have to reactivate your Trados key several times during these 2 years ( e.g. after OS re-installations)? If that's the case, you might have exceeded the max. activation number which is two. Further, you'll have to go into a process of getting a new key from Trados, but you need to report it to them first and you'll get an application form to follow the procedure.

It may be something else in your case though, some bug.

Frenchcottage  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:57
French
+ ...
Good luck with your license Apr 11, 2010

I just installed 2009... then computer crashed and didn't have time to "return" the license.
Then, when I reinstalled the software, of course, it doesn't authorize me to work stating I overused my license.
I have been trying to contact sdl support for 2 days... no answer from them.
Well... I am loosing working hours and money there, but they obviously don't care.
Sophie

Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
English to Croatian
+ ...
@ Frenchcottage Apr 11, 2010

I'm not sure their support works on weekends. And yes, their attitude is quite laid-back like they don't care much, I agree. Maybe you'll have better luck tomorrow since it's Monday.

A 500 EUR + software that you virtually lose when you have a system or machine problem. Amazing.

On top of all, they never warn first-time users about the process of returning the license upfront in such instances, and how important it is. Many people are clueless about this, because Trados support simply doesn't care to convey such a vital message. To me, it looks extremely unprofessional.

[Edited at 2010-04-11 22:31 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Contacting SDL Apr 12, 2010

Frenchcottage wrote:

I just installed 2009... then computer crashed and didn't have time to "return" the license.
Then, when I reinstalled the software, of course, it doesn't authorize me to work stating I overused my license.
I have been trying to contact sdl support for 2 days... no answer from them.
Well... I am loosing working hours and money there, but they obviously don't care.
Sophie

Hi FrenchCottage,

I can't check the status of your support contact because I don't know who you are, but if you would like to drop me an email at pfilkin@sdl.com then I will be happy to look at this for you. It is very unlikely that the support teams have ignored you, and they are normally pretty fast to respond to licensing issues like this.... although over weekends we have no cover.

Please let me know the status of this problem for you.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with my license

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €495 / $595
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €495 / $595 / £425 / ¥70,000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search