Problem with cyrillic characters in SDL TRADOS Freelance 7
Thread poster: ANAVE
Apr 12, 2010

Dear All,

Frankly speaking, I am a begginer in translation industry and I've started using Trados approx 2 weeks ago, so I kindly ask you not to judge me harshly.

I would be very grateful for any advice on the following issue: I am translating a web site from english to russian and unfortunately the cyrillic characters do not appear in a doc preview. I do not have any problems with Translation Memory and I can see the russian text during the edition process in a TagEditor. But in a "Preview" option all the characters turn into question marks. I got into the conclusion, that it is a problem of the web server of the page that does not support cyrillic characters.
As it was mentioned in the topic: my program version is SDL TRADOS Freelance 7 in Windows XP. If any other information needed, please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with cyrillic characters in SDL TRADOS Freelance 7

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search