Caroline Kopp  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 14:06
Member (2009)
German to French
+ ...
Apr 12, 2010

Hello!

I have created a Termbase in MultiTerm 2009 and am testing it using Trados 2009.

I opened a document to translate a translation memory and the termbase.
he entries of the Termbase are visible in the Termbase Viewer.
The Termbase search works very well.
But the Term Recognition does not: the message is "no result found“.
The Term Recognition does not detect entries that are found with the Termbase search.
In the options, the minimum search value is set at 50 % and the search depth at 500.

As far as I understand, Trados should perform a Term Recognition automatically.
Can anyone tell me what I am missing here to get the Term Recognition working?

I appreciate.

Have a nice afternoon!

Caroline

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Utility Apr 12, 2010

Hello Caroline,
this is a well-known bug in Studio. Please go to talisma.sdl.com, search for "Launchstudio", download and run the batch file and that's it. Basically, you will need to run this batch file everytime you open Studio after you run Translator's Workbench.

Joel Earnest
Swedish to English
Tech bulletins? Apr 12, 2010

Sure would be nice if the company sent out tech bulletins to everyone who has Studio when these kinds of things come up. I've helped three colleagues solve this particular problem off-line, and I don't know how many times it's come up in the three Trados forums I monitor. Although most of us don't mind helping out our fellow translators, it does cost us a bit in lost working time. I really isn't our job.

Bulletins could even include useful tips to clear up common misconceptions. There are still a lot of people out there who don't know that they can deliver legacy bilinuals from Word files, for example.

And while I'm on the subject of mass e-mailings, I would appreciate not receiving sales pitches for something I bought nearly a year ago. I already receive too much e-mail as it is.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Studio RSS Apr 12, 2010

Hi Joel,

You are perfectly right here. We have an rss feed in Studio and we should make more use of it. I will look at ensuring all important KB articles related to Studio like this make it into this feed in the future. This way it will be pushed out to all Studio Users only and will not be Spam.

Regards

Paul

Caroline Kopp  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Member (2009)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
many thanks Apr 14, 2010

Thank you Stanislas for your help! I have just download the batch you idicated and it's now working perfectly.

Needless to say that I fully agree with Joel!

Best,
Caroline

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Just an update to this Apr 14, 2010

We have added this article to the Studio RSS feed so if you go to the home page in Studio you will see it there. All important KB articles like this will be published in this way from now on so if you are a Studio user you will have the opportunity to see it through here.

Regards

Paul

Francoise Perigaut
Germany
German to French
+ ...
Still not fixed? May 18, 2010

I installed the latest update yesterday and it's still not working for me, I still have to run the batch file all the time, which is very annoying.

I can't believe it hasn't been fixed yet. Having no term recognition is an incredibly embarrassing bug for a CAT-tool, it should be highest priority!

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
yes, batch file is a bore May 18, 2010

I agree. I open Workbench several times a day (converting to ttx files).
Launching studio with the batch file is a real bore.
Sometimes I work for a time without term recognition because it is all such a performance.
I really think this bug should have been solved by now. icon_frown.gif

[Edited at 2010-05-18 11:21 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No Term Recognition in Trados 2009

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search