Bulgaria
Local time: 12:13
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

Apr 12, 2010

Win XP SP3
SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP2

Recently I have created several new projects and some of them Studio simply refuses to list in the Project view, and when started directly from the HDD, they do not load. Has anyone experienced problems like these, and what could be the solution?

The problem is very annoying since you never know if you will actually be able to work on a halfway translated project next time when you restart your computer.

Please, help!

Direct link Reply with quote

Pavel Tsvetkov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 12:13
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
Answer found! Apr 14, 2010

Here is what SDL has come up with:

"...as a last resort can you try these as well. (Note that you will have a recreate a few things after doing this but if you back up the xml files you will be able to copy the details out of them if necessary)

C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\9.1.0.0\.

BaseSettings.xml

Plugincache.xml

UserSettings.xml

They will be recreated and it may help."

I searched for one of the files (it does not really matter which), found two different copies of it (one maybe related to the Trados 2007 version still present on my computer), used the one whose path corresponded to the one sent by SDL above, found the correct location and zipped the three files in it (so as not to lose them if I should need them later), then deleted the original files.

I restarted Studio... and voila! - all projects were in the project view. I had lost all my options (everything had went back to default), but that took some 3-4 minutes to set.

Thank you, Paul Filkin!

Dr. Matthias Schauen  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:13
English to German
Projects dissappear from Projects View Jul 1, 2011

Hi, I seem to have the same problem.
Windows Vista 64bit
Studio 2009 SP3 9.1.2283.6

What did SDL tell you before mentioning the "last resort"? I would be interested in trying those things first, because it took me a while to come up with the best options/preferences.

Lorenzo Bermejo
Local time: 11:13
English to Spanish
+ ...
thanks Pavel! Mar 12, 2012

Pavel Tsvetkov wrote:

Here is what SDL has come up with:

"...as a last resort can you try these as well. (Note that you will have a recreate a few things after doing this but if you back up the xml files you will be able to copy the details out of them if necessary)

C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\9.1.0.0\.

BaseSettings.xml

Plugincache.xml

UserSettings.xml

They will be recreated and it may help."

I searched for one of the files (it does not really matter which), found two different copies of it (one maybe related to the Trados 2007 version still present on my computer), used the one whose path corresponded to the one sent by SDL above, found the correct location and zipped the three files in it (so as not to lose them if I should need them later), then deleted the original files.

I restarted Studio... and voila! - all projects were in the project view. I had lost all my options (everything had went back to default), but that took some 3-4 minutes to set.

Thank you, Paul Filkin!

you made my day! now my Projects appear in the Projects View. I had actually lost all hope!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 refuses to open its own projects

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search