Studio 2009 - Failed to save targent content. Failed to create Java virtual Machine
Thread poster: Tapsa
Tapsa
Tapsa
Local time: 07:21
English to Finnish
Apr 12, 2010

I started to receive this message a week ago when trying to save target (INX-file).

I have latest patches and latest Java run time (and 32 bit Vista Home Premium - Finnish)

Funniest thing is, that when I disabled all Java versions in Control panel, I was able to save after working a while (and after a few failed attempts and restarts).

Everything worked a couple of days but, now the problem has come back.

And:

1. I have tried to
... See more
I started to receive this message a week ago when trying to save target (INX-file).

I have latest patches and latest Java run time (and 32 bit Vista Home Premium - Finnish)

Funniest thing is, that when I disabled all Java versions in Control panel, I was able to save after working a while (and after a few failed attempts and restarts).

Everything worked a couple of days but, now the problem has come back.

And:

1. I have tried to use different settings in project setup for Java virtual machine size to no avail.

2. I have tried to use and disable different Java runtime versions in Control panel (not all combinations, though).

3. The problem has nothing to do with Indesign file size. I tried with a simple document with only one word. No success.

4. After a *failed saving attempt*, if I close the error message box and try again, Studio just hangs in Saving as dialog box, or sometimes it gives different error message, something about "writing to memory..." Maybe there is a memory leak after the first failed attempt, I dont know.

5. All other programs (and Windows) work as before, so it is about 100% certain that it is not a hardware fault.

This is extremely frustrating. I'm translating a big book with about 250 files (two pages per file), and the deadline is already tight.

Maybe something broke between the latest patch (or whatever) of Studio 2009 and (latest?) version of Java runtime.
Collapse

myfanwy kuhn
myfanwy kuhn  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:21
German to English
Same Problem Jul 15, 2010

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding this problem? Exactly the same is happening for me. I have reinstalled Trados2009 SP2 and also uninstalled and reinstalled Java, but nothing helps ...

Tapsa
Tapsa
Local time: 07:21
English to Finnish
TOPIC STARTER
I found a workaround Jul 18, 2010

I found a workaround for this problem:

I have created a "dummy" project that I open every time after I start trados.

Then I add one inx-file to it and prepare it for translation normally.

After this I open the file (in dummy project) and save target (this works). This is an important step (don't know why).

The source file I am using in dummy project is a file that I have partially translated before (I don't think this matters - I just happened
... See more
I found a workaround for this problem:

I have created a "dummy" project that I open every time after I start trados.

Then I add one inx-file to it and prepare it for translation normally.

After this I open the file (in dummy project) and save target (this works). This is an important step (don't know why).

The source file I am using in dummy project is a file that I have partially translated before (I don't think this matters - I just happened to use such a file). (After this I delete both the source and target files from the dummy project, so that the project is empty for next Studio session. )

Don't exit Studio after saving the target of the dummy project (and after deleting the files in it).

Now you can open your "real" project and start working normally.

This works in my system. Hope this works for you - and let's hope SDL fixes the problem.

By the way, I have no problem with Indesign CS5 files (CS5 uses different format, the exported files are not INX files anymore).
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 - Failed to save targent content. Failed to create Java virtual Machine

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »