Thread poster: lavanya

lavanya
India
Local time: 18:06
English to Japanese
+ ...
Apr 13, 2010

Hi,
I use Trados for translation. I use workbench and tag editor(even for word files) and send the translated file to the client. Now one of my client needs clean + unclean file + new TM. I dont understand what is unclean file and in which format should i send the TM. Experts please advice.

TIA,
Lavanya.

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 13:36
English to Czech
+ ...
Clarafications Apr 13, 2010

Hello Lavanya,
regarding your questions:

1. Your client wants the bilingual file to keep his TM up-to-date in case he makes any changes to your work. It is common practice.

2. Export the TM into TMX 1.4b and send the TMX. If the TM is large, you may want to ZIP it. TMX has a very good compression ratio.

lavanya
India
Local time: 18:06
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thankyou Stanislav Apr 13, 2010

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

Hello Lavanya,
regarding your questions:

1. Your client wants the bilingual file to keep his TM up-to-date in case he makes any changes to your work. It is common practice.

2. Export the TM into TMX 1.4b and send the TMX. If the TM is large, you may want to ZIP it. TMX has a very good compression ratio.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Clean and unclean files

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search