https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/162569-clean_and_unclean_files.html

Clean and unclean files
Thread poster: lavanya
lavanya
lavanya
India
Local time: 07:10
English to Japanese
+ ...
Apr 13, 2010

Hi,
I use Trados for translation. I use workbench and tag editor(even for word files) and send the translated file to the client. Now one of my client needs clean + unclean file + new TM. I dont understand what is unclean file and in which format should i send the TM. Experts please advice.

TIA,
Lavanya.

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 03:40
English to Czech
+ ...
Clarafications Apr 13, 2010

Hello Lavanya,
regarding your questions:

1. Your client wants the bilingual file to keep his TM up-to-date in case he makes any changes to your work. It is common practice.

2. Export the TM into TMX 1.4b and send the TMX. If the TM is large, you may want to ZIP it. TMX has a very good compression ratio.

lavanya
lavanya
India
Local time: 07:10
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thankyou Stanislav Apr 13, 2010

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

Hello Lavanya,
regarding your questions:

1. Your client wants the bilingual file to keep his TM up-to-date in case he makes any changes to your work. It is common practice.

2. Export the TM into TMX 1.4b and send the TMX. If the TM is large, you may want to ZIP it. TMX has a very good compression ratio.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Clean and unclean files

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »