Trados licence info please
Thread poster: Bevan Mckechnie

Bevan Mckechnie
New Zealand
Local time: 23:40
Japanese to English
Apr 15, 2010

Hi,

I looked around and I can't find the answers to these questions. If you know the answers to any of these off the top of your head, please enlighten me!

Thanks in advance ...

a) This is a no-brainer but I need 100% conformation: can I still use the glossary/memory files that I made during the trial version in the freelancer/pro edition?

b) Is it possible to upgrade from freelancer to pro edition for a reduced price? (and if so, approx. how much?)

c) I assume freelance works for only one user on one network. How many users can use pro edition if I buy one licence? Only one?

Any help is much appreciated! Thank you

-Bevan

Direct link Reply with quote Turn social sharing on.
Like 17

Jan Neersoe  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:40
Member (2004)
English to German
Yes, yes, yes Apr 15, 2010

a) Quite sure you can, but haven't tried this myself, so I can't give you your "100% confirmation". (Not being able to do it sounds just stupid enough that some software company might actually try it.)
b) Yes, over here in Europe the difference is about the same as the Freelance price -- the upgrade costs around 75% of a new Pro license
c) Yes, only one. That makes the Pro version... not very attractive, I personally think.

Like 4

Bevan Mckechnie
New Zealand
Local time: 23:40
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Apr 16, 2010

Thanks Jan, you've been very helpful!

Like 15

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados licence info please

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search