Sandrine Zérouali  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 22:44
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Apr 15, 2010

Good morning,

A cliente gave me a SDL document with TM. I tried to open the TM but It required a password. So the system proposed to me to enter with a new user and I put a new name and now I still can't open the TM even it proposes the name of the user. How can I open it?

I hope my explaination is clear!!icon_frown.gif

Thank you.

PCovs
Denmark
Local time: 23:44
Member (2003)
English to Danish
+ ...
Ask the client for the password Apr 15, 2010

Your client must have locked the TM for whatever reason, so you should get the password from him/her.

Sandrine Zérouali  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 22:44
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
now too late Apr 15, 2010

As the system ask to be a new user I enter a new user and I could open it! Well I think, because now opening the document, is not asking for any password!

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
A small utility Apr 16, 2010

Google for "Translation Memory Password Recovery" or "TMPwdRec". This is a small utility that you can use to recover passwords from TMW translation memories.

Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
German to Spanish
+ ...
How open a TM of a third person?" Apr 16, 2010

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

Google for "Translation Memory Password Recovery" or "TMPwdRec". This is a small utility that you can use to recover passwords from TMW translation memories.

OK, I am sorry for my post before where I said this utilty did not recover the password and only allowed to access it. Last version of this utility I have checked now really recovers the original TM password.

[Editado a las 2010-04-16 09:55 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How open a TM of a third person?

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search