Sandrine Zérouali  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 15:29
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Apr 15, 2010

Good morning,

A cliente gave me a SDL document with TM. I tried to open the TM but It required a password. So the system proposed to me to enter with a new user and I put a new name and now I still can't open the TM even it proposes the name of the user. How can I open it?

I hope my explaination is clear!!

Thank you.

Direct link Reply with quote

PCovs
Denmark
Local time: 16:29
Member (2003)
English to Danish
+ ...
Ask the client for the password Apr 15, 2010

Your client must have locked the TM for whatever reason, so you should get the password from him/her.

Sandrine Zérouali  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 15:29
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
now too late Apr 15, 2010

As the system ask to be a new user I enter a new user and I could open it! Well I think, because now opening the document, is not asking for any password!

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
A small utility Apr 16, 2010

Google for "Translation Memory Password Recovery" or "TMPwdRec". This is a small utility that you can use to recover passwords from TMW translation memories.

Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
German to Spanish
+ ...
How open a TM of a third person?" Apr 16, 2010

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

Google for "Translation Memory Password Recovery" or "TMPwdRec". This is a small utility that you can use to recover passwords from TMW translation memories.

OK, I am sorry for my post before where I said this utilty did not recover the password and only allowed to access it. Last version of this utility I have checked now really recovers the original TM password.

[Editado a las 2010-04-16 09:55 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How open a TM of a third person?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search