XML on trados 2009 - convert text into tags
Thread poster: Aderson Schröder

Aderson Schröder
Brazil
Local time: 09:26
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Apr 15, 2010

I have some XML files to translate and I'm having some problems with HTML tags inside the XML elements. Let me give an example:

The original XML file reads:

<p align="left"><font color="#003366"><b>Homeothermic&nbsp;and&nbsp;poikilothermic</b></font></p>

This is converted into Trados as:

Homeothermic and poikilothermic

The text of the HTML tags is included as translatable text, and I have tried a number of ways to make it into tags, with no success.

Any suggestions?

Direct link Reply with quote

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:26
English to French
+ ...
DTD.INI Apr 15, 2010

I'd say that some sort of ini file is missing - what I normally do is import the xml file under 2007 and you're prompted for an ini file whichever was used originally - save the file as ttx and then open it in Studio 2009 - hope this helps

Aderson Schröder
Brazil
Local time: 09:26
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tag Editor shows me the same text. Apr 15, 2010

I actually tried opening on TagEditor, and the text appears the same way. I would gladly convert the files into .ttx first if I managed to make them look right on 2007.

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 14:26
English to Czech
+ ...
Conversion of entities into tags Apr 16, 2010

Hello everyone,
these are non-breakable space tags. To see them as internal tags and not as plain text in TagEditor, you have to open the respective INI file delivered with the project and define "ampersandnbsp;" as an internal tag.

[Upraveno: 2010-04-16 08:12 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

XML on trados 2009 - convert text into tags

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search