Trados: unrequested cleaning, TM not updated
Thread poster: Deborah Hoffman

Deborah Hoffman  Identity Verified

Local time: 21:58
Russian to English
+ ...
Apr 15, 2010

This has happened twice over the last few days. When I'm polishing rough drafts I will commonly save the unclean file and then come back to work on it later. Trados has "cleaned" my file for me the last couple times I tried to open again. When I try to use "Translate to Fuzzy" to at least recreate my unclean file I discover that the changes I made during the last round of drafting were not incorporated into my TM so the Translate to Fuzzy will return the draft to its previous state and erase all my labors.

I'm going to cut the file and separate out the mostly finished section from the rest which a Translate to Fuzzy will not affect much, but in the long term does anyone know what the problem is?

I have SDLX Version 8 Freelance and Word 2007.

Direct link Reply with quote

FarkasAndras
Local time: 03:58
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Show hidden text Apr 16, 2010

It sounds like you're probably just hiding hidden text with an accidentally pressed keyboard shortcut (or Word is defaulting to that setting for some reason).
Dig up "Show hidden text" from the menu - I don't know where it is in Word 2007.

Deborah Hoffman  Identity Verified

Local time: 21:58
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you! Apr 16, 2010

You are a genius and I am much indebted!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados: unrequested cleaning, TM not updated

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search