https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/162790-error_opening_tm_in_sdl_edit_2007.html

Error opening TM in SDL Edit 2007
Thread poster: TonS
TonS
TonS
Local time: 16:16
Apr 15, 2010

When I open an ITD file in SDL Edit (on my new pc wit Windows Professional 7), I cannot open a translation memory and get an error message.

I have enabled all the right options (multiple TMs, Open TM at startup), checked if the MDB file is read-write-protected -- which it is not -- , activated the right activation code.

My ITD files and TM (MDB file) are in separate subfolders under the project folder, just like I always used to organize things on my old pc, when everyt
... See more
When I open an ITD file in SDL Edit (on my new pc wit Windows Professional 7), I cannot open a translation memory and get an error message.

I have enabled all the right options (multiple TMs, Open TM at startup), checked if the MDB file is read-write-protected -- which it is not -- , activated the right activation code.

My ITD files and TM (MDB file) are in separate subfolders under the project folder, just like I always used to organize things on my old pc, when everything worked fine.

I use the SDL Edit 2007 version that comes free with Studio 2009. The software is in C:\Program Files, whereas my data are on F:. Could that perhaps be the problem? But then I copied everything to C: and the problem was still there...

Any suggestions of all you clever people are welcome!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error opening TM in SDL Edit 2007

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »