Generation of AutoSuggest greyed out for TM with 38340 TUs
Thread poster: Liselotte K. de Hennig

Liselotte K. de Hennig  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 16:56
Spanish to German
+ ...
Apr 15, 2010

I am using SDL Trados Studio SP2 and the Translation Memory I am using has more than the required 25,000 Translation Units. But I cannot generate an AutoSuggest dictionary. "Generate AutoSuggest dictionary" under Tools is greyed out and the Generate button under Project Settings/Language Pairs/AutoSuggest is greyed out as well.

For another language pair I was able to generate it without any problem and I don't understand why it doesn't work this time.

Could someone please help me?

Thanks in advance
Liselotte

PCovs
Denmark
Local time: 20:56
Member (2003)
English to Danish
+ ...
Me too Apr 16, 2010

I just checked, and I have the exact same problem.

I think it has to do with upgrading to SP2, because I created an AutoSuggest dictionary before installing SP2, and now suddenly I cannot create one.

What I don't remember is, where should I enter the activation code for AutoSuggest to start working again?

PCovs
Denmark
Member (2003)
English to Danish
+ ...
And then I found the answer Apr 16, 2010

Sometimes it helps asking someone else ;o)

I needed to reactivate the license for AutoSuggest, restart Studio and voilá!

Open License Manager, Activate Online and enter the activation code for AutoSuggest.

Hope it works for you too.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Freelance version without AutoSuggest Create Apr 16, 2010

Hi both,

This is just a guess because I can't identify you to check, but if you have SDL Trados Studio 2009 Freelance on its own, or have not activated the AutoSuggest Creator license if you purchased this option, then this would be why it is greyed out.

All Freelance purchases, whether they have this option or not operate as a Professional Version for 30-days when you first install, so it might be that you have reached the end of the 30-days and the additional features that were available for Professional are no longer operational. The ability to create an AutoSuggest Dictionary requires Professional or the AutoSuggest Creator license which you can purchase seperately.

Perhaps this would explain it?

Regards

Paul

Liselotte K. de Hennig  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 16:56
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That is the answer Apr 16, 2010

Thank you, Paul for answering my question. Now I can stop browsing the web and the help files for an explanation.

Kind regards
Liselotte

OWatts  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:56
English to Russian
+ ...
the price May 18, 2012

And how much would it cost to purchase the AutoSuggest Creator license separately?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Generation of AutoSuggest greyed out for TM with 38340 TUs

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search