Sandrine Zérouali  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 01:01
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Apr 16, 2010

Good Morning,

I would like to proofread a translated document in SDLX. When I addd tranlation memories in "create a Project TM" it says "no target TM has been specified. Please specify target before continuing"!!! How can I do to do that?

Thank you very much (it is quite urgent).

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:01
English
SDLX Help Apr 16, 2010

Hi Sandrine,

I do think the best place to enlist expert help for SDLX is on the SDLX Forum, here;

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sdlx/

However, this message displays when you have not designated an output TM on the third (of 3) tab in Project > Project TM > Options. This is found from the File menu in the SDLX Switchboard. You need to designate a name and location for your Project TM on this tab.

You don’t really need to do it this way but if you want to proofread the itd and update the TM without updating the Master TM then this is what you have to do. This process is not really designed specifically for proofreading and you could simply edit the itd without any automatic update features switched on and only update the Master at the end of the process. However, if you prefer to work with smaller TMs then this is the way to go.

From your other posts and the conversation we had yesterday I was unuder the impression that you were only proofreading, editing, and sending back a revised itd, so under these conditions you really don't need to do what you attempting here. I think thath the easiest way, without you having to take the time to do some training on SDLX is to simply open the itd, add the TM you have been given (if this is necessary at all), and then make your changes in the itd. Then send the itd back. There does not seem any need to mess around with Project TM's or over complicate what you have to do.

But I hope this helps you a little anyway? Really, I would go to the SDLX user group for efficient and expert help with this tool.

Regards

Paul

[Edited at 2010-04-16 10:59 GMT]

Algeria
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
3 TM at the same time Apr 17, 2010

Good Morning Paul,

I have to add 3 TM so I thought it was easiest to go Project > Project TM > Options and then to add the 3 Translation memories at the same time, but I have this message!

If I go to edit it is easiest but I can't add the 3 TMs (I have to add the Termbase as well) at the same time. If I save changes in the document add one by one the TM, are there going to saved the changes in the 3 TM?

The customer needs the changes in the .itd document but also in the 3 TM.

Thank you, in advance for your answer.

[Modifié le 2010-04-17 11:17 GMT]

United Kingdom
English
Adding multiple TM's Apr 17, 2010

Hi Sandrine,

You can add multiple TM's and your Termbase in the Edit View; actually this is probably the easiest place to do it.

First go to Tools - Options - Translation Memory in the Editor. Now make sure that you have checked Enable Multiple TM Access.

Once you have done this go back to where you opened the initial TM from and simply open the other two, one at a time. It might not look as though you have opened them all, but as long as your enabled Enable Multiple TM Access then they will all be active now.

To set them as you want so that each one will be updated as you work you now go to Translation Memory - Configure Multiple TMs... from the menu bar across the top. In here you place a checkbox against all the options you want; this should be obvious when you see it.

One final check to make sure you did this correctly would be to click on the drop down list of the TM's and you will see that all three are at the top above a double line, with all the recently opened TM's under the double line.

The Termbase you open the same way but from the open termbase command underneath the open translation memory command.

I hope this works for you.

Regards

Paul

Algeria
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It helps me a lot Apr 17, 2010

Good evening Paul,

Thank you very much for all your explanations. It helps me a lot. I did as you said. It is ok now. But one question, as I have to do some changes in the text, to update the 3 TM, should I go to Translation Memory>update or simply clicking on save?

Thank you again.

Sandrine

United Kingdom
English
Update the TM's Apr 18, 2010

Hi Sandrine,

Two ways. The first is to use Translation Memory - Update or ctrl+shift+u; the other is to just import the completed itd file into the TM's afterwards.

Regards

Paul

Algeria
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much Apr 18, 2010

Good Morning Paul,

Thank you very much for all. You help me a lot.

Best Regards,
Sandrine

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

no target TM has been specified

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search