Thread poster: Selcuk Akyuz

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 00:54
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Apr 18, 2010

I know that it is possible to translate AuthorIT files with TagEditor. There is already an .ini file at http://kc.author-it.com/#b45756t6154n14088 What about SDL Studio? Is it possible to translate AuthorIT files with Studio?

Selcuk

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 23:54
English to Czech
+ ...
Import the INI Apr 19, 2010

Hi Selcuk,
although I have no personal experience with AuthorIT files, if there is an INI available for TagEditor, it should be possible to import it into Studio to process AuthorIT files there.

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 00:54
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Does it work? Apr 19, 2010

Hi Stanislav,

I don't have Studio 2009, so I will not be able to test it at the moment. I know that Trados 2007 .ini files can be imported to Studio when creating a new file type but what about compatibility problems? Does an .ini file created for TagEditor work smoothly in Studio?

Selcuk

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 23:54
English to Czech
+ ...
Little experience Apr 20, 2010

Hi Selcuk,
to be honest, I have very little experience with this, as I usually work on TTX files which have a special SDLFILETYPE in Studio. But I have successfully imported two or three INIs and used them in Studio. I can't remember any problems.
Perhaps Jerzy could have some more experience with that...?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

AuthorIT files and Studio

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €495 / $595
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €495 / $595 / £425 / ¥70,000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search