Patrick Yancey
Patrick Yancey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 18:36
Member (2005)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Apr 19, 2010

For some reason, Trados is changing all my Word file templates from the client's template to normal.dot during cleanup. I can't seem to find any information on this particular problem.
I'm using Translator's Workbench/SDLX, Version 8.0 Freelance and MS Word 2003 (on XP home).

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Patrick

Patrick Yancey
Patrick Yancey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 18:36
Member (2005)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Workaround using manual clean Apr 20, 2010

I've been told about a workaround by 'manually cleaning' the file. It works, so I'm posting it here for posterity. To 'manually clean' a file, open the file in Word, and go to 'tools' then 'macro' -> 'macros'. In the list of macros, select 'tw4winClean.main' and click on 'run'. This cleans the document without altering the template (but it doesn't update the TM -FYI).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados changes Word template during cleanup

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »